New Affordable Skincare

Leave a Comment

 With various holidays and a big relocation to London over the summer months it's fair to say I neglected my skin a bit. And as per I became dehydrated and extremely oily. So with Boots having a 3 for 2 across skincare (thank god for Boots ah?) I invested in some new pieces to inject some hydration back into my skin before winter hits.

I'd been previously using the Oskia Renaissance Cleansing Balm to remove my makeup, but with a tighter budget constricting me I decided to return to an oilier option since this would hopefully also help with my dehydration issue. In the past I've used the Body Shop Camomile Oil Cleanser which I'm a huge fan of but decided to give this No7 (£11) option a go. It doesn't smell as nice as the Body Shop option however it does the job just as well. It feels light on the skin despite it being an oil and I only need to few pumps of this to melt away all my makeup including waterproof liners and mascaras. Seriously, if you're still using wipes or *gasp* not removing your makeup at all on an evening get yourself an oil like this; quick, easy and does the job leaving your skin feeling silky and soft.
I'm all for double cleansing on an evening since I wear a full face of makeup pretty much everyday. I'd been using a foaming cleanser but was worried the foaming element of this might have been contributing to my skin lacking important oils and hydration so I wanted to give a creamier option a go. With a Caroline Hirons seal of approval I grabbed Soap and Glory's The Ultimelt (£10), the first try of their skincare range and I'm suitably impressed. This comes with an obligatory muslin cloth which is always handy to have and has a lovely light lavender fragrance, perfectly relaxing before heading to bed. I especially like using this in a morning since it doesn't feel to stripping. I also love the way it's shaped like a giant tube of toothpaste, mainly because it looks pretty fun, but it also means you can get just the right amount out and there's no wastage.
Again I turned to Caroline Hirons for serum advice and found the Vichy Aqualia Thermal serum (£22.50) recommended for dehydration. With an almost watery texture this sinks into the skin quickly and really does feel lovely and hydrating on my skin. Also the packaging is beautiful, I know this has nothing to do with how good it is but I want to point it out anyway!

I've been using these three for a few weeks now and my skin's definitely feeling healthier and more loved. I can already see myself repurchasing the Ultimelt Cleanser though I think I'll be returning to my beloved Body Shop oil once I've got my way through the No7 one. If you've got any holy grail products for dehydration that'll stop any greasy results let me know, I always think personal recommendations are the best way to discover new skincare.
SHARE:
Next PostNewer Post Previous PostOlder Post Home

0 comments:

Post a Comment

PREMIUM BLOGGER TEMPLATES BY pipdig