New Year, New Lipsticks

Leave a Comment

It's fair to say things have been pretty quiet round these parts for a while, that's mainly been due to the fact I work in retail and Christmas and the Christmas sales are our busiest times of the year. So combine that with also trying to see as many friends as possible over the festive time, a trip home and still having all those boring adult jobs to get done on my days off (literally doing a food shop is the worst point of my week...) I haven't had a lot of time to take photos and write!
So with my excuses out the way let's get to the good stuff - my new lip products. From getting myself yet more Charlotte Tilbury makeup (when will the addiction end?) to a couple of gifts from some of my other favourite lip brands a real variety of lip products have made their way into my makeup storage.
Kicking things off with the lip trio I bought for my Christmas Ball back in December. Since I was wearing a simple all black dress I wanted a vampy makeup look to add a bit of drama to my outfit. I went for the Vintage Vamp palette - which I'm sure I'll be writing about very soon - and a combo of the K.I.S.S.I.N.G lipstick in Night Crimson, the Lip Cheat Pencil in Berry Naughty (top points for puns) and a gloss over the top in Unleash Me. I know most people associate lip glosses with their younger years but I think a glossy lip can look really beautiful.
I can't fault the lip liner or lip stick, both dark crimson red shades that are great for an evening out and much vampier then a traditional red. They sit comfortably on the lips and the shades work really well together. Although I love the shade of the gloss I can't sat the formulation is my all time favourite; it feels quick thick and heavy on the lips and on the night required quite a bit of topping up. Personally I think the lip liner and lip stick as a pair work just fine at giving you a bold lip.
Moving onto MAC, a wonderful work colleague surprised my the day before my birthday with this little beauty. I'd been eyeing up Retro for a while and had decided it would be my next MAC purchase next time I felt like treating myself - but now I don't have to. This is a satin formula and so goes on with more of a sheen then the matte lipsticks however I find throughout wearing this it settles down to a more matte finish.
The colour is right up my street, it's a dark pinky red that's ideal for the daytime or a more subtle evening lip combined with a smokey eye. I feel like it would look great on a variety of skin tones because of being quite a toned down red/pink shade, I've already got my next MAC purchase in mind, this time heading back to the matte selection, so watch this space.
My final new product which really surprised me with how much I like it is the Lipstick Queen liquid lipstick offering I was given for Christmas. This lipstick came in a pack of three but it's the peachy neutral shade that I've been grabbing for the most. I wasn't expecting much with these, not ever being overly excited by the liquid lipstick hype however I was pleasantly surprised.
To use this you twist the tube and the formula comes out at the top where there's a brush applicator. Application can be a little faffy having to make sure the lips are evenly coated in the product but the finished look is very flattering. It has an almost glossy finish and sits on the lips comfortably for a long time.
My favourite thing about it in general though has to be the colour, it's called Blush but the packaging made it look like it was going to be some pale lilac shade (?!) however it's actually a warm peachy brown nude that looks great when worn with a complimentary brown eye and bronzed skin,
All in all I'm pretty chuffed with these new selection of lip products and I'm certain I'll be getting a lot of daily use out of Retro and Blush, and Night Crimson will become a great go to when I'm going out.

Did you get any new lip products over Christmas you'd recommend? I'd love to hear about them to add to my ever expanding list.
SHARE:
Next PostNewer Post Previous PostOlder Post Home

0 comments:

Post a Comment

PREMIUM BLOGGER TEMPLATES BY pipdig