The Best Budget Cleansing Oil

Leave a Comment

Is it just me or is buying cleansers addictive? Don't get me wrong I like a good moisturiser and serum, but there's something about that "taking all your makeup off at the end of the day" feeling that makes cleansers that bit more exciting.

I've tried out a fair few that I've liked recently, the Omorovicza Thermal Cleansing Balm, the Eve Lom Cleanser and a No7 oil that did a pretty decent job. But when I ran out of my previous cleansers I knew there was only one place I wanted to visit to get a new one - The Body Shop.

I haven't tried too much of their other skincare products, though a few winters ago I did swear by their Vitamin C oil in serum (goddam I love oils), but their Camomile Cleansing Oil (£11) is seriously good stuff.
It's fair to say I wear a lot of makeup so I need something that's gunna get it all off before I hit the hay quickly and not be an unpleasant chore. Not everyone loves oils but I find nothing removes makeup quite like it. I take two small pumps of this stuff onto my hand and massage it around my face. It doesn't sting your eyes like I find micellar waters to and it comes off easier then balm textures.

In fact I find this oil comes off particularly easily with just water, some oil cleansers can feel like they leave an oily film on the skin and no amount of water is going to budge them. Maybe it's because the Body Shop oil feels a bit lighter then others I've tried in the past?
It also smells heavenly and according to the packaging is suitable for sensitive skin no doubt due to the camomile element, which also makes it smell divine, in fact I prefer the relaxing smell to the uplifting citrus smells of the Une Brennan radiance cleansing oil. I wouldn't necessarily categorise myself as having sensitive skin but I certainly can be broken out quite easily and so far there are no mountains erupting on my face.

If you need a new first step cleanser or just want to give oil a go I'd absolutely recommend this one, for now I can't imagine getting ready for bed without it.

SHARE:
Next PostNewer Post Previous PostOlder Post Home

0 comments:

Post a Comment

PREMIUM BLOGGER TEMPLATES BY pipdig