Where to eat in Edinburgh

Leave a Comment

Back in June I headed back to Edinburgh - one of my favourite cities - for a long weekend away from the big smoke. We were by all accounts very lucky with the weather, although cloudy and windy at times we didn't get caught in any big downpours. Which meant the weekend was made up of eating, drinking, walking...and more eating...mainly eating. Below is a small list of places I'd definitely recommend visiting if you're planning a trip to Edinburgh.
Where to eat?
1) Bread Meats Bread
If you're looking for an amazing burger, this is the place to go. Using fresh, local ingredients they have a hugely extensive menu which made picking just 1 thing really tricky. While Nik got the House Classic (The Wolf of St Vincent Street) I opted for The Spartan which came with huge halloumi fries on top. Both were incredible and the portion sizes extremely generous. It was definitely one of the best burgers I've had and I'm praying they expand to England one day soon!

2) Wings
I first tried to visit Wings back in 2016 during a New Years visit, but me and my friends being unprepared didn't book and were turned away. So when it came to my visit this year I was determined to pay a visit, and it was worth the wait. The menu is huge, filled with different dry rubs and sauces, you order around 2 bowls each (which comes with 6 wings in your chosen sauce) and some beers and prepare for chicken wing heaven. My recommendation would be the BBQ Teriyaki if you like something mild and sweet. The foods delicious, affordable and you get a lot of it - aka the perfect restaurant.

3) Oink
As soon as we got off the train we headed here as it's the perfect place to grab a cheap lunch. You can probably guess what kinda food Oink do, and they do it really well - pulled pork sandwiches with a choice of fillings, and of course, crackling. They do a nice little meal deal that comes with a drink and shortbread, ideal for a quick affordable lunch!

4) Ting Thai Caravan
You can just tell even by going on the website this is going to be a cool place. Ting Thai Caravan is a casual Thai restaurant that does good quality food in a modern setting. Me and Nik both opted for a Pad Thai which was delicious (if a little spicy, if you're a heat when it comes to wuss like me ask for it without chilli flakes) and although we did get some chicken wings as well the main dish was the highlight.

5) Civerinos Slice
We paid this place a visit late Sunday night when we just wanted something small and quick. Offering pizza by the slice (as well as whole if you're looking for something bigger) they have regulars and daily specials to choose from. The place is small but really cool and vibrantly decorated and the pizza's delicious. A fab spot for a lunch or late tea!

6) Teuchters Landing
During our trip we wandered down to Leith to check out the local spots in this small suburb of Edinburgh and proceeded to have the best chilli nachos I've ever had in my life. Seriously. This place is a local pub that's got loads of charm, comfy settees and a great beer selection. The chilli was clearly homemade, came with loads of toppings and was utterly delicious.

7) Bross Bagels
We stopped into Bross Bagels for some lunch on our way down to Leith, it was a little late in the afternoon so they'd run out of a few options (shows how popular this place is) but the one I decided on was stuffed full of great quality meat and toasted perfectly. The staff were also super friendly and even gave me some cinnamon bagels - which made a great breakfast the next day!

Let me know other Edinburgh recommendations you have for the next time I visit!


SHARE:
Next PostNewer Post Previous PostOlder Post Home

0 comments:

Post a Comment

PREMIUM BLOGGER TEMPLATES BY pipdig