Musical Musings - The Crookes: Single Release

Leave a Comment
I first saw the Crookes when I was about 15 supporting a band in Sheffield and it's fair to say I've stayed pretty loyal since then, as are all my family (we've got near identical taste in music). Hailing from Sheffield these guys have a really unique sound and early next year they'll be releasing their fourth album, the 29th of January to be precise.
This is a pretty long way off but luckily they've released a new single to make the waiting easier and I'm in no way disappointed. Although distinctly Crookes due to George Waite's lead vocals the guitar riffs have an almost 80s feel to them - think New Order or The Cure - which I find really catchy and interesting. Check it out for yourself over on spotify now as well as their older albums (When Your Fragile, Play Dumb, Bloodshot Days and Backstreet Lovers are all particular favourites!) They've really progressed musically through the years but their talent is still obvious and I'm sure they'll only get bigger and bigger. 
SHARE:
Next PostNewer Post Previous PostOlder Post Home

0 comments:

Post a Comment

PREMIUM BLOGGER TEMPLATES BY pipdig