Persistence Is Key

Leave a Comment

Apologies for the silence for the past week or so. Unfortunately after years of good service my failing laptop finally gave up on me which meant I was internet free for a while. In that time I managed to finally succumb to the lure of the MAC counter at work. After Lily Melrose mentioned wearing Persistence I decided to pop in and have a look at it in person.
As the woman on the counter pointed out it's a pretty "in" colour at the moment, the browney nude tones are very 90s and I love the way it's darker then your classic nudes, personally I find it more wearable that way.
 Apologies these pictures are a little worn, I couldn't resist popping them on straight away! Because of course I didn't just stop at Persistence, oh no not when there's berry shades to be had. Cue the entrance of Viva Glam III, another brown toned lipstick but this time it's a plum shade. Both of these beauties are a matte finish adding to the 90s vibes.
And I mean if I was getting the lipstick I may as well get the liners to match right? (Desperately trying to justify it to myself over here.) Spice was the perfect nude liner to match Persistence and although there wasn't a perfect match for Viva Glam III, Half-Red is a lovely redy plum that seemed ideal despite being a little lighter.
In my head my new Persistence/Spice mix is a great daytime combo while Viva Glam III/Half-Red is wonderful for an evening time, and if I was feeling particularly vampy that day I could definitely get away with it during the day as well.
And although I didn't realise before I got to the till but 100% of the price of the Viva Glam collection lipsticks go to the MAC Aids Fund which helps men, women and children all around the world affected by HIV and Aids which is a fantastic cause!

If you have any MAC suggestions I'd love to hear them, because the floodgates are open now and I'm sure there'll be a few more purchases coming up.
SHARE:
Next PostNewer Post Previous PostOlder Post Home

0 comments:

Post a Comment

PREMIUM BLOGGER TEMPLATES BY pipdig