Battle Of The Budget Liners

Leave a Comment
It's typical isn't it that the moment I get back into doing eye liner and cat flicks my liner would run out? I'd previously been using the Benefit They're Real Push Up Gel Liner, I used to work for Benefit so have have a few of their products. Though I love the matte black and long lasting finish of this liner I did find it could sometimes be temperamental with the gel crumbling away, so I decided to seek out a cheaper alternative. I was searching for something liquid in a pen applicator since I find these the easiest to work with and so hit up the Boots aisle.
Having used Soap and Glory cosmetics in the past and enjoying them as well as constantly hearing great things about them all over the net I decided to give their Supercat liner a whirl. I was drawn to this because of the super fine tip and the "carbon black" colour claim. At only £6 it's not exactly bank breaking however I was really disappointed. Yes the tip makes it easy to get a precise line and flick but the colour is far from carbon black, once dry it looked more of a dark grey on the eye and just not dramatic enough at all. 
In my youth - aka about 5 years ago - I was a huge fan of the Collection (2000 back in the day) Fast Stroke liner that came in a bottle so I thought why the hell not give their felt tip option a go! Coming in even cheaper at only £2.99 I adore this stuff. The tip is a bit shorter and not quite as fine as the Soap and Glory liner however I don't feel like this causes any real problems when creating an eye look, my flicks are still sharp and even. The colour isn't a let down either, no grey in sight just black. I haven't seen if it lives up to its 24 hour claim since I don't think I've ever even wore makeup for that long in one go but it definitely doesn't shift throughout the day.

So, if you're looking for a budget eyeliner definitely head to the Collection stand, just like their concealer is a cult classic their felt tip liner is also a surprise winner in my books, and a bargain at that!


SHARE:
Next PostNewer Post Previous PostOlder Post Home

0 comments:

Post a Comment

PREMIUM BLOGGER TEMPLATES BY pipdig