Musical Musings: Mowbeck

Leave a Comment
If you read my last musical related post you'll know I recently saw the Arkells live; as I predicted they were absolutely incredible and I already can't wait for them to come back to the UK. However this post isn't about the Arkells, but their support act Mowbeck.

I always try and catch support acts since it's a great way to find new artists and Mowbeck are a great find! Arriving on stage with boundless energy they threw themselves into their material; a selection of rock songs with a pop-like edge. Fronted by a lead singer/keyboard player with a lot of confidence they grabbed the crowds attention and held it throughout the set, I don't remember there being a single dud song.
Unfortunately most of the material I heard at the Electrowerkz was new stuff that isn't available to listen to online yet but their EP and newest single are on Spotify so you can get a feel for their style with Give So Much and Do You Feel At Home being my favourites available to listen to.

However if you want to hear these guys in their prime try and catch them live! They'll be playing at Proud in Camden on the 2nd of December and if they give a performance anything like their one at the Electrowerkz it'll be well worth seeing.
SHARE:
Next PostNewer Post Previous PostOlder Post Home

0 comments:

Post a Comment

PREMIUM BLOGGER TEMPLATES BY pipdig