Current Base Routine

Leave a Comment
Finding a base which actually lasts a full shift at work has been a struggle but I think I've finally cracked it, and it's all thanks to Estee Lauder Double Wear (£30). I remember when I was a teenager googling "best full coverage foundation" and Double Wear always coming up as the top dog on Makeup Alley (anyone else remember using that?) But due to numerous dodgy colour matches I never committed to it at the time. Fast forward many years and being inspired by a friend working on an Estee counter I decided to give it another go and I'm over the moon I did.
 Now if you like a dewy light coverage base this isn't going to be the foundation for you. It's full, it's matte and it's long wearing - but that's just what I look for in a foundation, especially in the colder months. Personally I don't find it cakey or find that it feels heavy and thick on my skin; I think this is down to the fact you only need a small amount for a full finish. While makeup brands always seem to claim a little goes a long way with their foundations I feel like Double Wear is the first base I've tried that lives up to this claim. A small amount of this applied with my beauty blender blurs out my imperfections and leaves an almost flawless base.
 I use the Collection Lasting Perfection Concealer (£3.99) over the top which does the trick of hiding my pesky bags as well as any expensive concealer could and disguising any spots I have at the time. I blend this all in with my trusty beauty blender; I sometimes use my buffing brush but I feel like the beauty blender works well with full coverage bases to make them look as blended and skin like as possible.
I could happily leave it there and go about my day confident I won't get any oily patches or makeup slippage, but I like to apply a very small amount of powder, especially around my eye area, just to set everything in place that little bit more firmly. At the moment I'm using the L'Oreal Nude Magique BB Powder (£6.99) which does offer a little bit more coverage on top of the other two products. I wasn't sure about this powder at first but once again the trick with this is remembering that less is more. Because of the pigment included in this powder using a very fluffy brush and lightly applying directly to the areas you want it will give you the best results.

So, if like me you work long hours and want a base that will last all day and into the night I'd definitely recommend investing in Double Wear. It's probably important to say I have combo skin which is rarely dry so I feel like matte bases work best for me, if you have a dry complexion I'm not quite sure you'd love Double Wear as much - grab a sample from a counter and give it a try though!
SHARE:
Next PostNewer Post Previous PostOlder Post Home

0 comments:

Post a Comment

PREMIUM BLOGGER TEMPLATES BY pipdig